- 200g red lentils
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes oil reserved, drained and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 50g dried apricots chopped
- 200g mixed nuts chopped
- 50g mixed seeds
- 1.5 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Cook the lentils in plenty of water for 15 minutes, then drain using a fine sieve.
- While the lentils cook, heat a little of the sun-dried tomato oil in your largest frying pan and gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add all the other ingredients, except the seasoning.
- Stir really well, add the cooked lentils and stir again, seasoning to taste.
- Line a loaf tin (approx 20cm x 10cm) with non-stick baking paper and spoon in the mixture, patting down well.
- Bake for 50 minutes and allow to cool slightly before removing and cutting into thick slices.
- Source: https://www.fabfood4all.co.uk/nut-roast-vegan-gluten-free/