- 2 medium aubergines
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/2 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- flatbreads or pitta bread, to serve
- Blister the aubergines on the hob until soft, with the skin blackened and blistered all over. The skin should be coming off in flakes.
- Peel off and discard the vast majority of the skin. Whatever’s left will contribute to the lovely smokey flavour.
- Add them to a blender, along with:
- 30ml of the oil
- The coriander, cumin, tahini and lemon
- Half of the parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Pulse until baba ganoush.
- Add to a bowl and drizzle over the remaining 10ml of olive oil.
- Garnish with the remaining parsley.