- 250g chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1.5 tsp chilli
- chunked carrots
- 250ml sour cream
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- Rub the chicken pieces with the salt. Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy-bottomed pan and brown the chicken all over for a few minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and set to one side.
- To the same pan, add the onions and garlic and sweat for about five minutes. Add the sweet and hot paprika, then the flour, and stir until combined - take care not to burn it.
- Add the stock and stir. Return the chicken pieces to the pan, adding a bit more stock if the mixtures seems too dry.
- Add half of the chopped parsley and bring to the boil. Add the red pepper strips, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer gently for about one hour.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove the pan from the heat. Stir in the sour cream and the remaining parsley. Check the seasoning and serve.